[HTTPS-Everywhere] http to https rewrite using GlimmerBlocker

Saiwing Yeung saiwing at berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 11 01:20:55 PST 2010

Hi,

Thank you for the work on https everywhere. I am writing to you because in your FAQ you said "if you happen to know a way to perform secure request rewriting in these browsers, feel free to let us know." I think GlimmerBlocker might be feasible for this task. It can rewrite requests for any browser that uses it as the proxy. In fact there are already users publishing ways to rewrite http to https for specific sites (e.g. http://rcbth.com/p/solve-firesheeping-sidejacking-with-glimmerblocker). I think it will be not too hard to publish a list of GlimmerBlocker filters that simply does the same thing but for a more complete list of sites (even better if available as a subscription within GlimmerBlocker). I will be happy to beta-test if you are to develop this.

Warm regards,
Saiwing Yeung