[HTTPS-Everywhere] Mobile HTTPS browsing

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Fri Nov 5 10:05:56 PDT 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Kevin C. wrote:

> I don't know if this is the right point of contact, but I couldn't find a better one. Does anyone know of related projects like HTTPS everywhere for mobile phones? I'm specifically interested in Android, preferably something working with the built-in browser.

And I'm wearing my Dalvík t-shirt today!

Unfortunately, the Android browser has no extension mechanism (yet?), so the only way to do it would be to hack or extend the Firefox port of Android, or fork and hack the Android browser and re-package it. (There are several reasons I would want to do that...)

Those things are not impossible, of course. If there is enough interest, we could consider doing such a project.

--
Chris Palmer
Technology Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation