[HTTPS-Everywhere] Development Version Being Sent as an Update to Stable Version

Navneeth Chandrasekaran navneethc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:41:34 PDT 2010

Hello. I recently received an update (vesion 0.2.2.development.3) for your
extension which was originally installed by clicking the big blue button at
the EFF website. Soon thereafter I noticed that Google Search and Google
Images did not provide me with automatic suggestions in the Firefox search
bar (but Wikipedia did). I installed the stable version in a new profile of
Firefox and all was normal. I checked for possible cases of extension
conflicts in my usual profile, but none turned up -- HTTPS Everywhere was to
blame. I downgraded to version 0.2.1 and the suggestion feature is back in
the search field. As of this writing, I have an update to version 0.2.2dev3
waiting to be installed.

*Firefox User Agent - Build ID*: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB;
rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100723 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.8 - Build ID:
20100723084720

-
Navneeth

--