[HTTPS-Everywhere] Wikipedia problem

No http httpless at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 02:19:12 PDT 2010

On 16 July 2010 19:59, Bradford Patrick <BradPatrick at baplegal.com> wrote:
> It appears the latest version breaks the concatenation string for URL
>  https://secure.wikipedia.org/ ++ and renders all Wikipedia links invalid.
> The proper directory structure for Wikipedia is
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Main_Page, however, if I
> click on a result from Google, the result is a 404 with the URL suggested as
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia/en/wiki/Main_Page.

Beat me to it, was just going to post the same thing.  When you search
for a Wikipidia entry, eg Tor project, from and external search engine
and you go to the page, it gives you a 404 error before redirecting
you.  The strange things is, the page url is valid as when you search
in Wikipedia it works fine.

eg:
- Search tor "Tor project" in google.  It suggests URL:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

- HTTPS-Everywhere redirects to:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

- Wikipedia gives a 404 on the page and then redirects to:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia/en/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

Simply refreshing the page that gives a 404 (before it redirects) or
searching from with in secure.wikimedia.org will result in the url
working as expected, in this case
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

This started happening with 0.2.2 dev1