[HTTPS-Everywhere] An idea for the project...

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Mon Jul 12 09:37:16 PDT 2010

Short answer: probably not.

Long answer:

There are probably quite a few ways like this that one could do fundraising by
request rewriting.  I don't think we would even talk about it unless the
following three criteria applied:

1. The user had proactively found the rule and turned it on
2. It was consistent with Amazon/other site's terms of service (in Amazon's
   case I'd be surprised if this was allowed)
3. There are no adverse privacy or other consequences to doing it.

If those three things were true, we could talk about whether it was actually a
good idea.