[HTTPS-Everywhere] Direction of https-everywhere

No http httpless at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:44:35 PDT 2010

With regards the UI of https-everywhere, what is the planned
direction?  As it stands with the current UI the more rules that get
added the more ungainly it becomes and it's probably not overly
sustainable in the long run.  When it comes to rules, is the plan to
add all the rulesets that get sent to the list or just cherry pick
(and clean up/standardize) the best of them?

A few things I'd like to see in future versions.

1) A way to have https-everywhere re-read the HTTPSEverywhereUserRules
directory with out restarting Firefox
2) Separating the user defined rules from the pre packaged rules in the UI
3) A way to define whether user rules take precedence over pre packed
rules or vice versa (I had created rules AmazonUK when 0.1.2 was
relaesed, after 0.2.1 shipped with (better) Amazon rules they would
until I deleted mine took precedence) .
4) Quicker access to the UI.  Have access via the tools menu instead
of having to go into Add-Ons/Preferences.