[HTTPS-Everywhere] In Google.xml, why "[^/@:]"?

Drake, Brian brian2 at drakefamily.tk
Wed Dec 29 08:00:32 PST 2010

Oh, I didn’t realise that the pattern you object to is being used, in some
places, to match top-level domains. In those places, yes, that is bad, as it
could (in theory, at least) match domains that aren’t even controlled by
Google.

While we’re talking about narrowing down the rules, why use clients[0-9]
when the <target> elements only go from 1 to 5? Isn’t this inefficient (by
creating more work for the regex engine)?

--
Brian Drake

Alternate (slightly less secure) e-mail: brian at drakefamily.tk
Alternate (old) e-mail: brianriab at gmail.com

Facebook profile: Profile ID
100001669405117<https://ssl.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001669405117>
Twitter username: BrianJDrake <https://twitter.com/BrianJDrake>
Wikimedia project username:
Brianjd<https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/meta/wiki/User:Brianjd>(been
inactive for a while)

All content created by me Copyright © 2010 Brian Drake. All rights reserved.