[HTTPS-Everywhere] In Google.xml, why "[^/@:]"?

Drake, Brian brian2 at drakefamily.tk
Fri Dec 24 17:30:33 PST 2010

I agree, that is out of HTTPS Everywhere’s scope. I was just trying to
clarify that I wasn’t against the whole idea of considering misspelled URLs,
just against your particular suggestion.

What might be a good idea though, is if URLs that DO match the target but do
NOT match any regex in HTTPS Everywhere get flagged to be followed up by
another add-on. This other add-on could try to do some clever analysis on
the URL, or simply report it to the EFF, the website operator (postmaster at ...
or something) or anyone else whose interested. If the EFF gets many reports
for similar URLs (aside from URLs that were deliberately excluded because
they don’t support HTTPS properly), it could be a sign that they need to
update their rules.

--
Brian Drake

Alternate (slightly less secure) e-mail: brian at drakefamily.tk
Alternate (old) e-mail: brianriab at gmail.com

Facebook profile: Profile ID
100001206642672<https://ssl.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001206642672>
Twitter username: BrianJDrake <https://twitter.com/BrianJDrake>
Wikimedia project username:
Brianjd<https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/meta/wiki/User:Brianjd>(been
inactive for a while)

All content created by me Copyright © 2010 Brian Drake. All rights reserved.