[HTTPS-Everywhere] Woot.com

Colonel Graff graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:43:26 PDT 2010

Out of curiosity I tested to see if woot.com and it's subdomains
(shirt.woot, wine.woot, etc) were https-enabled (since they're now owned by
Amazon). They are but when I wrote and tested the following ruleset

<ruleset name="Woot" match_rule="http:.*\.woot\.">
<rule from="^http://([^/:@]*)\.woot\.com/([^/:@]*)" to="https://$
1.woot.com/$2"/>
</ruleset>
It busts the site: the site loads, but text and hyperlinks only.

I've included a screenshot of the site working. (I use vimperator so the
purple bar at the bottom indicates that the site is using https).
The second image is a screenshot of the site not working (with my ruleset in
place).

Is this happening to anyone else? If so, should I/we write Woot a nice
letter?

Thanks for your help,
Graff