[HTTPS-Everywhere] A verdict on the Amazon rule?

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Aug 26 12:02:23 PDT 2010

We've now seen five bug reports that arise from turning on the Amazon rule:

https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere/2010-August/000149.html
https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere/2010-August/000150.html
https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere/2010-August/000121.html

We can reach out to Amazon to see if they're willing to fix these problems on
the server side, but in the mean time, I'm inclined to turn the Amazon rule
off in the next release (leaving it available if anyone wants to turn it back
on).  Thoughts?

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131