[HTTPS-Everywhere] plugin blocks "Room for Debate" articles

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Aug 25 16:09:59 PDT 2010

The underlying problem here is that a URL like this works:

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2010/8/15/aging-professors-who-wont-retire

while its https equivalent:

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2010/8/15/aging-professors-who-wont-retire

redirects back to the Room For Debate homepage.

We could add an exclusion for /roomfordebate, or we can keep trying to get the
NYTimes' web developers to fix these problems.