[HTTPS-Everywhere] NYTimes error

Jacy Odin Grannis eyrieowl-activism at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 12:56:23 PDT 2010

The plugin causes the Room For Debate oped section of the NY Times website
to fail.  It appears that the url www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate is not
hosted on the same server, but is hosted on roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com.
However, trying to access the server address redirects to
www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate.  Unfortunately, though, the server doesn't
seem to support https, unlike the primary server, so when the plugin tries
to rewrite, say,
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2010/8/9/who-gets-priority-on-the-webto
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2010/8/9/who-gets-priority-on-the-web,
it ends up redirecting back to http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate.  So one
can view the landing page for the feature, but can not actually read any of
the sections without opening in another browser or turning off https for
NYTimes.com

Thanks, by in large very pleased with the plugin.  It'd be nice, though, if
there were a "blacklist" feature where I could add a pattern that I *don't*
want the plugin to rewrite (i.e., http*/*nytimes.com/roomfordebate/*).  That
way I could fix this for myself and move on without either disabling
entirely for the domain or waiting for a new release.  I know it talks about
doing custom rulesets, but a nice interface would go a long way towards
making that accessible (see NoRedirect, IE Tab Plus, Foxyproxy, and others
for examples of what I'd love to see).

Jacy