[HTTPS-Everywhere] License and source code

Jérémy Bobbio lunar at debian.org
Tue Aug 3 04:55:00 PDT 2010

Hi!

I was thinking on adding HTTPS Everywhere to Debian, but I stumbled on a
few issues regarding licensing and source code avaibility.

I have looked upon "HTTPS Everywhere" homepage and FAQ, but I have not
be able to read anything about the software license.

"https-everywhere-devel.xpi" contains a LICENSE.txt file saying GPL-2+,
but it would probably be a good idea to mention it on the website.

It would probably be a good idea as well to add an header with license
and copyright assignment [1] to .js files.

As nothing in the .xpi archives is in binary form, it could be
considered its own source code; but I wonder if there is any source code
repository available? I have not be able to see any mentions of such on
the extension homepage.

[1] See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html for a wording
    suggestion.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar at debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism