[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Lenovo rules break the EPP page and the "Friends and Family" redirect

Mike Cardwell https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com
Thu Sep 1 01:29:23 PDT 2011

On 01/09/11 07:54, Josh Triplett wrote:

>> Lenovo has a "friends and family" site, with a redirect at
>> http://lenovo.com/friendsandfamily .  This redirect does not work if
>> accessed via https, so it breaks with the Lenovo rules enabled.  (It
>> redirects to a page on shop.lenovo.com with a ridiculously long URL, and
>> that page works fine with https.)
>>
>> The page at http://lenovo.com/epp also doesn't exist on the https
>> version of the site, so it breaks with the Lenovo rules enabled as well.
>
> Browsing on Lenovo's site, I encountered more breakage as well.  For
> example, the page for the Lenovo T520 failed to load most of the page
> content when accessed via https, but it works fine via http.  I think
> the Lenovo rule may need disabling by default.

Hmmm, that ruleset was created by me. I managed to browse around the
site for a bit, and even place an order whilst it was enabled, without
issue. I've fixed the epp and friendsandfamily issues in my local
ruleset. I just looked at the T520 page and am not seeing any problems.
What is the exact URL you are looking at?

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/  https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell