[HTTPS-E Rulesets] [HTTPS-Everywhere] Google Translate auto translation malfunction

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Thu Jun 16 07:33:24 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 06:39:47PM +0700, Ake K. wrote:
> http://translate.google.com/translate_a/ redirects to
> https://encrypted.google.com/  made auto translation malfunction.
>
> I think google translate isn't support HTTPS in this time and the ruleset
> should be removed.

[Rule discussions are usually at https-everywhere-rules at mail1.eff.org]

I can confirm that "/translate_a/t?" and "/translate_a/nc?"  do not
support HTTPS but maybe we can change the rule to
https://translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js which seems to be
the only script under the /translate_a/ path that supports HTTPS.

An example of using that script can be found on https://isohunt.com (not
sure whether the American version uses it or not)

--Osama Khalid