[HTTPS-E Rulesets] privacy problem

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Jun 15 08:26:36 PDT 2011

With respect to your email address, no: it's a public mailing list.  If you
want to write to the project privately, you can send email to me or one of the
other developers.  Or you can make a different account solely for this type of
mailing list usage.

With respect to your IP address: that's a function of your email provider.
Yahoo includes your IP address in the headers of every email you send, but
(for instance) gmail and many other email providers do not.

If you want to keep using Yahoo Mail without leaking your IP, you could use a
VPN service or proxy.  Note however that because Yahoo Mail does not support
HTTPS properly, you are always exposed to account hijacking when you use it,
including via a VPN or proxy operator.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131