[HTTPS-E Rulesets] rules for torrentfreak, securityweek.

Andreas Jonsson andreas at romab.com
Thu Apr 7 07:36:00 PDT 2011

> We are talking about filenames, right? The likelihood of having two
> different rulesets with the same domain but with different TLDs is
> very limited given that the ultimate majority of websites do not
> support HTTPS anyways.

Well. we already have rules where this is the case, the IDG-rules being
one example. We could probably find loads of them if someone searches
the SSL Observatory database.

HTTPS support also seem to be increasing, but maybe that's just in my
head. Maybe deltas from the observatory would be better for answering
that one.

Another solution would be to let all rules that cover many domain names,
such as google/mozilla/torrentz etc live in a made up tld, like
google.all.xml, mozilla.all.xml. This does of course become tricky since
ICANN is selling out. Ideas?

> In addition to that, I think we shouldn't change the current way
> because of the problem you mentioned earlier of having rulesets that
> cover many domains (I can currently recall Google.xml, Mozilla.xml and
> Torrentz.xml).

I agree with you that it would be undesirable to split those rules into
different .tld-based rules.

/A