[DC-Trade] Blogpost on Information Economy Report 2017 and WTO mini-Ministerial

Jyoti Panday jyoti.panday at eff.org
Thu Oct 12 18:46:55 PDT 2017

*

Dear All,

Sharing EFF's blogpost covering the release of Information Economy
Report 2017 and updates from the recently concluded mini-Ministerial

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/10/digital-trade-agreements-failing-reflect-internet-community-input-unctad

UNCTAD's Information Economy report references the work of the Open
Digital Trade Network (ODTN) and the Brussels Declaration. It notes,
"While not against international trade agreements, per se, ODTN
participants argue that trade negotiations that touch upon the Internet
environment should be conducted in a transparent and accountable manner,
and should include measures to guard against the capture of trade
processes by special interests to the detriment of the global public
interest in maintaining an open Internet."

We are looking forward to continuing our work on opening up trade
processes at the IGF in Geneva later this year and will keep you updated
with our plans.

*

--
Jyoti Panday