[DC-Trade] Introduction and latest EFF blogpost on RCEP

Jyoti Panday jyoti.panday at eff.org
Thu May 18 08:45:44 PDT 2017

**

*Dear All,*

*

I hope you are well. I have recently joined EFF’s International team
where I will be working with Jeremy on issues related to the RCEP
negotiations. I wanted to introduce myself to the mailing list members
who I have not had the opportunity to collaborate with yet. I am a
public policy graduate, based out of New Delhi and have over 8 years of
work experience across both private sector and civil society. Over the
past 3 years, I have primarily focused my research and advocacy in the
area of internet governance, and public information systems. I have been
monitoring, analyzing and writing about emerging trends and developments
in freedom of expression, internet governance, intermediary liability,
telecom regulations, privacy, digital consumer rights and innovation in
Asia Pacific.

At EFF, I will primarily be working on promoting better transparency and
participation in the ongoing RCEP negotiations and advocating for users'
rights in the intellectual property and e-commerce chapters. I have
published my first blog post highlighting some of the procedural issues
with civil society’s engagement in the process. I would love to hear
about your experiences of the negotiations so far, and please provide
feedback and
comments.https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/05/rcep-negotiations-remain-shrouded-secrecy

Going forward, I will also be assisting with the Dynamic Coalition's
proposed initiative to develop a multi-stakeholder approach to
facilitating the transparency and inclusiveness in international trade
negotiations. In July, EFF in conjunction with the National Academy of
Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) is planning to organize a side-event
for e-commerce negotiators during the 19thround in Hyderabad. Anyone who
will be in Hyderabad, or wishes to contribute to the public meeting in
any way please do drop me a line. I will be in touch as plans develop on
both initiatives, and look forward to engaging with you over the next
few months.**

**

*

Regards,