[DC-Trade] EuroDIG pre-event invitation: Forced data localization and barriers to cross-border data flows: toward a multistakeholder approach

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sun May 28 02:59:05 PDT 2017

Hello

If anyone it attending the EuroDIG in Tallin 5-7 June https://www.eurodig.org <https://www.eurodig.org/> and interested in the heated global debate about data localization and barriers to cross-border data flows that’s figured prominently in international trade diplomacy and other intergovernmental settings over the past year: I’ve organized a workshop on Monday 5 June 15:00 - 17:30 in Room Tornimäe I at the Swissotel where we’ll be doing a deep dive conversation on the issues and the possibility of constructing an inclusive multistakeholder dialogue in parallel with/to feed into the intergovernmental work.  The agenda and background materials are at http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Pre7_2017 <http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Pre7_2017>. The issues will also be revisited in the closing plenary session http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Pl4_2017 <http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Pl4_2017> (still in development).

Please feel free to join us.

Best

Bill

PS: Apologies for cross-posting