[User] Connecting Android to private wireless network

Ranga Krishnan ranga at eff.org
Fri Sep 26 12:34:22 PDT 2014

By default the private WiFi network is on a 5Ghz channel. A lot
of mobile phones still work only at 2.4 Ghz. Does your phone
support 5Ghz WiFi ? If not please go to  the settings page and
change the private WiFI to a 2.4Ghz channel different from
the 2.4Ghz channel that the public wifi (openwireless.org) is
using and check if the phone is now able to see the private network.

Ranga