[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​​

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Nov 29 11:15:27 PST 2012

On Nov 28, 2012, at 7:54 PM, Eugene Smiley <eug.smiley at gmail.com> wrote:

>> And WEP is simpler still.  So maybe everyone should be forced to use WEP
>> instead
>
> Context is everything and the part you left out is that the context here is
> the overly complex system that a Phone Home VPN would require of user who
> likely can type in a passphrase but not do the others quoted.

That's where a group like this comes in -- if we do our jobs right, then the bulk of that problem becomes a matter of auto-configuration between the compatible clients and servers.  No one should have to remember the hard parts.

Just because our job would be pretty hard to create such a "simple" auto-configuration system, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't tackle that as part of our project.