[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​​

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Nov 28 22:38:30 PST 2012

>>>>> "Andy" == Andy Green (.ž.å.‰.».) <andy at warmcat.com> writes:

Andy> Everyone I know has a home internet connection and AP.  If
Andy> you're thinking of hobos not being able to use it, well, they
Andy> probably lack the laptop needed to access an unencrypted AP
Andy> too...

As a matter of fact, there was at least one homeless person in
Portland that used our nodes, who recharged his laptop in an outlet
under a bridge.  Portland is also home to FreeGeek, a computer
recycling organization, that gives away working reconstituted linux
boxes in exchange for a few days of educational labor.  ~50,000 people
used our open networks this year.  None of those networks have ever
been raided by the police.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net