[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​​

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Nov 28 18:42:12 PST 2012

On Nov 28, 2012, at 6:14 PM, Eugene Smiley <eug.smiley at gmail.com> wrote:

> WPA is easy compared to setting up a VPN, firewall rules, and some form of
> dyndns all at once. WPA is easy compared to flashing firmware on your
> router were someone has already magically set up a VPN, firewall rules, and
> dyndns.

And WEP is simpler still.  So maybe everyone should be forced to use WEP instead?

If we do this process correctly, we should be able to get a simple set of clients that have certain configurations baked-in by default, and a simple way to extend that list of configurations through the AP itself.  At that point, the complexities behind what it took to get to that stage should become a non-issue for the AP-user and probably also a non-issue for the AP-owner.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=internet+cafe+raid