[OpenWireless Tech] The police came to the AP owner first, then sniffed the air to find real culprit​

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Nov 26 19:53:05 PST 2012

On 11/27/2012 11:47 AM, the mail apparently from Eugene Smiley included:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM, "Andy Green (林安廸)" <andy at warmcat.com
> <mailto:andy at warmcat.com>> wrote:
>
>     There is no "the VPN".  Each client has his own private VPN server
>     somewhere he connects to.  The AP operator does not provide a VPN
>     server at all, since he would be responsible for what it did, it
>     would defeat the point.
>

> You keep speaking like this is decided and that it is the only way.
> While it's a great idea, it's not the only way. Until you can provide a

The previous poster was discussing what he felt were flaws with the VPN
scheme being discussed and had the wrong idea.

AFAIK nobody here has proposed the AP owner gains anything by offering
an open AP, but routing the traffic through a single VPN connection.

I assume he's talking about what was discussed but did not pick up
enough details to do so.

> working example, stop bludgeoning the list with this way of thinking. It
> was requested that this list be a source of "I need help with X"
> solutions. Your words have merit, but I want to see results.

*shrug* you're misinformed what you want to see matters to me.

-Andy