[OpenWireless Tech] Does using VPN services or Tor increase risk of scrutiny

Java Nut javanut20 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:38:24 PST 2012

As I think about whether one can or would want to use VPNs or tor for an open wifi to insulate network operators from what wifi users do, I also wonder, Does the use of VPNs known to be good about privacy (such as those favored by pirates) or the use of tor increase government scrutiny of ones Internet activity in the USA?  I have seen news stories of government eavesdropping on phone and internet activity, and what do they do when they find VPNs and tor?