[OpenWireless Tech] A small question about tracking

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Nov 6 19:38:33 PST 2012

>>>>> "Brad" == Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> writes:

Russell> Furthermore, instead of whimpering on the sidelines, actually
Russell> participating and proudly and vocally helping making "open"
Russell> the norm will mean increasingly that police can't get away
Russell> with sloppy and destructive investigative work.

Brad> How many people are willing to be the Kent State victims who
Brad> died or were wounded on May 4th, 1970?  How many people are
Brad> willing to be the UC Davis students who were inappropriately
Brad> pepper sprayed in the face on November 18th, 2011?

Brad> Feel free to put your money where your mouth is and actively go
Brad> out and seek UC Davis or Kent State type experiences and then
Brad> report back to us how well this works for you to encourage
Brad> others to do the same.  We'll wait.

Dude, I have been.  For years (since 2005, personally, since 2000 for
our project).

900+ people have connected to my personal network in the last 2
months.  ~50k/year to the ~60 networks we maintain centrally.

No pepper spray found.

Sure, use a VPN if you want to tunnel your "public" traffic off
somewhere else if you think you need to.  It's not rocket science.

What else are you waiting for?

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net