[OpenWireless Tech] Mesh Networking

Dan Ryan dan.ryan at projectmeshnet.org
Fri Nov 2 00:04:42 PDT 2012

Your bottleneck with a multi-radio setup will be the same regardless of
whether you are using static link routing or one of the many mesh
protocols out there. Halving of speeds every hop doesn't have to occur
unless you  decide to use omni-directional antennas for most everything,
and you start using single radio nodes to relay traffic. I think you might
be confusing the concept of using one radio in multiple parts of a band,
versus what we over at the Seattle Meshnet Project are doing using multiple
separate physica radios at each node in various bands to bypass the halving
effect you have pointed out.

-Dan Ryan