[Starttls-everywhere-devs] STARTTLS-E -- no call 1/17 (text update)

Sydney sydney at eff.org
Thu Jan 17 10:10:23 PST 2019

Hi folks! There's a couple of things we've been working hard on, but not
too much progress on the public-facing repositories due to conference
timing and winter colds.

There isn't much to discuss or triage, so I'll spare everyone the time
and just list the updates here. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

==================
STARTTLS-E (1/17)
==================

After some firefighting last week we're testing and rolling out some
more features to make things break less:
 * Email notifications. List manager gets emailed 2 days before the list
expires, and also gets notified if dl.eff.org hasn't been updated to
point to GH repo master, or the list doesn't validate.
 * Automated timestamp updates, to ensure the list never expires.

This week, to triage:
 * Removing pinsets parsing from cli tool [Max]
 * Integration test PR [Sydney]
	* Still ironing out some bugs!
 * Exim support PR [Sydney]
 * Removal and update policies [Max]

Goals for starttls-policy-cli by the end of this month
 * Release for Exim support
 * Plan for dogfooding on our own mailservers

News from the website world:
 * Email notifications
 * Starting work on doing internet-wide MTA-STS survyes