[PrivacyBadger] Is it possible to use Privacy Badger in passive mode?

Alex Ristich alexristich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 00:48:31 PST 2017

Hi Daniel,

This is an interesting idea, though perhaps a bit too specific as of yet to
be added as a permanent option. I think the quickest way about this -
assuming you're comfortable touching the Privacy Badger code itself - is
changing every instance of "*return {cancel: true} *" to "*return {cancel:
false} *". A quick check shows that there are only three instances of this,
all of which are in src/webrequest.js.

One thing to keep in mind is that the results from Tor Browser might be a
bit different than what you'd see in a regular browser depending on your
relative privacy settings. In some regard, it might be better to disable
the privacy preserving features of Tor Browser while running the test so
that Privacy Badger can most effectively determine tracking via methods
such as fingerprinting. You could also try running a couple of tests with
varied settings and see if the results differ widely, though it really
depends on how much time you have to put into this :)

If you have any additional questions or need a hand getting things sorted
out, feel free to follow up!

Cheers,
Alex