[PrivacyBadger] settings

Alexei alexeiatyahoodotcom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:09:04 PDT 2017

Hi Sam,

That's a clever idea, to export Badger's settings, change "userAction"
properties to the appropriate value that means "block", and import the
modified settings to get Badger to block all third-party domains it
encountered. It should work; you could test it by importing the modified
file in a new browser profile.

I caution against doing this, however. As you can already tell, Privacy
Badger isn't really made for much manual tweaking. Blocking all third-party
domains will break much of your experience on the Web. You should be able
to let Privacy Badger learn on its own without needing to tinker with the
sliders too much, except for when Privacy Badger breaks a page and you are
willing to try to figure out which domain is responsible, instead of just
disabling Privacy Badger outright for the page.

If you are interested in having more precise control over what is and isn't
allowed to load in your browser, I recommend trying uBlock Origin (
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock) and/or (
https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix).