[PrivacyBadger] Avira's secure browser...could include Privacy Badger

Noah Swartz noah at eff.org
Mon Jun 15 10:12:38 PDT 2015

Hi Thorsten!
That sounds really great! We've been working with some other people to
bundle non-native versions of Privacy Badger. If you think that you'll
just use the add-on as is then I think it's fine to do (so long as you
respect the licenses) If you plan to re-write parts of it, we have a
design doc in the repository that you should follow for functionality,
and we should talk more about using the Privacy Badger name.

As far as bugs go, I'd recommend looking at these 1.0 milestones:
https://github.com/EFForg/privacybadgerchrome/milestones/Privacy%20Badger%20Stable
and if you want a specific one to work on, I'd be excited to see this
one fixed: https://github.com/EFForg/privacybadgerchrome/issues/410

Looking forward to seeing some commits, and to talking more soon.
Noah

On 06/15/2015 06:43 AM, Thorsten Sick wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working for an Anti-Virus company in Germany (Avira). We want to
> release a secure browser. It is a distribution of the best extensions,
> our own developments, ...
>
> The browser will soon be beta - it is not released yet.
>
> We already included Https-Everyhwere. A tracker-blocker feature is still
> missing. I want to evaluate Privacy Badger and it is very likely that we
> will bundle it soon.
>
> I also want to contribute to Privacy Badger. Especially the chromium
> code. If you know bugs that need fixing, tell me. If you don't, I will
> pick some myself.
>
> Thanks
> Thorsten Sick
>
> --
> Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
> Kaplaneiweg 1 | 88069 Tettnang | Deutschland / Germany
> Telefon / Telephone: +49 7542-500 0
> Telefax / Facsimile: +49 7542-500 3000
>
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRA 722586 | USt.-IdNr.: DE 815289569 | Pers. haftende Gesellschafterin: Avira OP GmbH | Firmensitz: Tettnang | Registergericht: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 726712 | Geschäftsführer: Travis Witteveen
>
> Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRA 722586 | VAT-ID: DE 815289569 | Personally Liable Partner: Avira OP GmbH | Headquarters: Tettnang | Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 726712 | Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Travis Witteveen

Noah Swartz
Staff Technologist - EFF