[PrivacyBadger] Privacy Badger 0.99 (Release candidate for 1.0) for chrome and firefox has been released!

Cooper Quintin cooperq at eff.org
Fri Jul 24 16:39:18 PDT 2015

Privacy Badger 0.99 (Release candidate for 1.0) has been released!
We have released 0.99 to 5% of our users to get a quick beta test of
version 1.0 before we deploy it world wide. This version is known in
chrome as 2015.7.24
Only 5% of chrome users can get this version (I can't control which 5%).
The firefox version will auto update until we reach 5%, or it can be
manually downloaded at
https://eff.org/files/privacy-badger-0.99.xpi for firefox
or
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/privacy-badger/pkehgijcmpdhfbdbbnkijodmdjhbjlgp
for chrome

>From the changelog:
firefox 0.99				  (2015-07-24)
chrome 2015.7.24
  * Release Candidate for 1.0
  * Detects Canvas Fingerprinting
  * Detect Local Storage Supercookies
  * Improved UI
  * Options page for overriding privacy badger settings
  * Report Broken Site button
  * Many Bugfixes (see github)
  * Translations into swedish, french and german