[PrivacyBadger] Recommending Privacy Badger to Firefox, Chrome users

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Aug 3 13:10:55 PDT 2015

Peter, Cooper,

Thank you--please pass it on, anywhere it might
be on-topic.

Rachel Chalmers has some good ideas
about using ridicule and "punching up" (
http://blog.heavybit.com/blog/2014/9/15/rachel-chalmers
) that might apply to web tracking alerts, too. One
of the fun things to do with the Aloodo script could
be to stick a deliberately awful ad onto a blog.

I made a crappy ad to go on blog.aloodo.com, but
you can only see it if you start up an unprotected
browser, take the tracking test (or visit 3 domains
with the Aloodo script) and then visit the blog.
The more domains that are using the script, the
more likely alerts are to show up.

Don

begin Cooper Quintin quotation of Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 12:46:53AM -0700: