[PrivacyBadger] strange additions to my webpages in google chrome from privacy badger?

John Owen-Jones ajowenjones at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 10:59:05 PST 2014

hi this is weird very weird
i was playing around with html5 and a couple of pages i had written which i
had uploaded to my webhost.
Anyway long story short i had a dodgy looking page open with an anonymous
looking site address which
tried to entice me to download an exe file that was supposed to be an
updated google chrome. I was on osx
at the time.

So I wonder where did that come from?

well it appears to be from my own website

I looked at my source code in chrome and everything appeared normal.
so i decided to download the webpage complete.

two files were included phone.css which was mine and app.js which
definitely wasn't

at the bottom of the header in the html file was this bit of code

 <script type="text/javascript" src="./End
Credits_files/app.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="
http://www.youradexchange.com/ad/display.php?r=32796"></script><style
type="text/css"></style><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="chrome-extension://pkehgijcmpdhfbdbbnkijodmdjhbjlgp/skin/socialwidgets.css"></head>

googling
"chrome-extension://pkehgijcmpdhfbdbbnkijodmdjhbjlgp" turns up privacy
badger

now i repeated this with chrome on linux and also with firefox on linux
chrome on linux did exactly the same thing as on osx
however firefox on linux did not.

the source code for the webpage was as i had written it.

so right now i'm very suspicious.
if it had come from my webserver then why no additions to firefox
why the cryptic link to privacy badger.

it seems to me i'm looking at a problem with chrome or privacy badger

which is it

regards

john