[PrivacyBadger] Using Privacy Badger for Research Purposes

Olga Musayev olga.musayev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 04:52:52 PDT 2014

Greetings,

My name is Olga Musayev, and I am a graduate student at the University of
Oxford. I've been playing around with Privacy Badger to see if I can use
parts for my final thesis, and I just wanted to verify that everything is
kosher with reuse.

The project I'm working on is trying to apply machine learning to privacy,
to see if user preferences can be successfully predicted. Since I haven't
worked much on front-end, so I would like to use privacy badger to provide
privacy protection if the user indicates a medium level of concern about
their data on that website, and then a modified version that stops
first-party tracking if the user indicates medium-high level of concern.

I will more than happily give full credit to EFF for the actual blocking.
Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop and potentially get advice.