[PrivacyBadger] ref google chrome code added to my webpages

Cooper Quintin cooperq at eff.org
Mon Dec 1 12:29:01 PST 2014

The malware link you are seeing here is actually unrelated to Privacy
Badger. The CSS file is coming from privacy badger (it's the file that
privacy badger uses to replace Facebook like buttons. It gets injected
into all pages.) However, Privacy Badger is not inserting the other two
javascript links, those are being created by something else. This is the
reason why when you uninstalled privacy badger it removed the one link
but not the other two.

In short, Privacy Badger is not the culprit here, instead it sounds like
you have a malware problem. Since this is happening only in chrome, and
on multiple operating systems there may be some malware on your server
or you may be including a malicious advertisement inadvertently. You
should work with your hosting provider to solve this problem. Also make
sure you disable any other addons that you have running in chrome, and
maybe even reinstall it. Good Luck!

- Cooper