[SSL Observatory] SSL Observatory data access?

Martin Schmiedecker mschmiedecker at sba-research.org
Tue Mar 1 03:16:34 PST 2016

Hi there!

I was wondering, is there any way to query the SSL observatory for seen
certificates? We will submit a paper about TLS notary services shortly
(ping me if you are interested in a preprint), and the data from the EFF
observatory would make another wonderful vantage point.

Long story short: ICSI works great but has a rather confined scope, and
convergence as well as perspectives are both rather dead.

Are there plans to release the data, or build an API to query it similar
to the ICSI notary? I'd be happy to help get this data published, host
it on one of my servers, or help pushing it in some other way.

We previously published our collected certificates for email ports at
scans.io [1], and I'm sure they'd would be happy to integrate the data
from HTTPS Everywhere into censys. Let me know what you think.

Thx, Martin

[1] https://scans.io/study/sba-email

--
Dr. Martin Schmiedecker
http://www.sba-research.org
E: mschmiedecker at sba-research.org

Identifizierung gemäß § 14 UGB:
Firmenname: SBA Research gGmbH
Firmensitz: Favoritenstraße 16, 1040 Wien
Firmenbuchnummer: 345659y
Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien
DVR-Nummer: 4012257