[SSL Observatory] Brainstorming attacks on ssl

maker lists at tumbolandia.net
Thu Nov 14 03:10:06 PST 2013

Dear observatory people,

I am writing here in order to brainstorm some useful ideas about attacks on
ssl, hope this stays in topic.

Roughly speaking, I have been assigned a bachelor thesis consisting in
testing known attacks to RSA in ssl (bad seed, low exponent, common modulus,
etc.); there are tons of papers about it, and eff with the observatory
already did a great job (yay, thanks!).

So, given that I must stick with the project definition of studying the
security of ssl certificates, I was wondering whether there is anything
I could do/experiment using the observatory. Something you just drafted,
or didn't have the time to develop. I would be glad to contribute, for
something like 10h/w, for ~3 months.

I have already subscribed to Crypto-ops, thinking of it as an interesting
option. But, I don't know if my availability suits your needs.

All the best,
--
m.