[SSL Observatory] Passive certificate notarization by an IDS; divergent query protocols

Von Welch von at vwelch.com
Mon Mar 4 14:10:32 PST 2013

Zack,

> I was wondering if anyone has
> already written something that does this (ideally for Bro, but we could talk
> about other IDSes as well).

 A while back I started writing a python-based proxy that could talk
to Perspectives and Convergence (I've since convinced myself its
unlikely to be useful as a proxy, so the projects have mothballed
themselves as such projects do). Reverse engineering the Convergence
protocol took a little effort as I recall. The ICSI scheme didn't
exist then or I didn't know about it at the time.

 Anyway, here's my stand alone python Perspectices client that also
includes Convergence client support:
https://github.com/von/pyPerspectives

 And here's the proxy framework, which I doubt will be useful, but just in case:
https://github.com/von/PerProxy

Von