[SSL Observatory] https://controller.mobile.lan

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Mon Feb 6 15:04:04 PST 2012

On 2012-02-06 23:17, Ralph Holz wrote:

> Eddy Nigg of Startcom tells me it is part of the BR1 requirements by the
> CABForum. Their effect is not retroactive, however.

This requirement doesn't take effect until 2016.

http://www.cabforum.org/Baseline_Requirements_V1.pdf

"""As of the Effective Date of these Requirements, prior to the issuance of
a Certificate with a subjectAlternativeName extension or Subject commonName
field containing a Reserved IP Address or Internal Server Name, the CA SHALL
notify the Applicant that the use of such Certificates has been deprecated
by the CA / Browser Forum and that the practice will be eliminated by
October 2016."""

--
“These days, though, you have to be pretty technical before you can even
aspire to crudeness.” — William Gibson