[SSL Observatory] Fwd: Certificate flag for 'always stapled'

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 11:36:00 PST 2012

A better approach to the problem is to fix OCSP. This is the proposal
I made to PKIX based on the problem analysis Adam gave.

I am not at all keen on just abandoning OCSP. But I guess I could live
with a situation where the only OCSP that was going to be checked was
stapled OCSP with the relevant extension set. If threatening to turn
off OCSP was a necessary forcing function to achieve that end, well
OK.

I don't have an Internet Draft on this but I should have one soon and
expect it to be short.