[SSL Observatory] The Trust Tree: An interactive graph of the CA ecosystem

Ralph Holz holz at net.in.tum.de
Mon Dec 17 12:58:17 PST 2012

Hi,

Agreed. And useful.

E.g.: Click on CyberTrust. I just love who else they have certified:
Bayer, Yandex, Adidas EMEA. Key length 1,024. But don't worry, it's
going to expire in 2017, and it's only been around for 5 years or so. :)

@Bernhard: if you want more people to go love this, can you extract (and
or show) if any these CAs have restrictions, e.g. DNS path names and/or
path lengths?

@Kathleen: I admit I have not followed moz.dev.sec.pol recently - did
CyberTrust cite all these sub-certs of theirs? From the names I assume
they're real sub-CAs, not just intermediates?

Ralph

--
Ralph Holz
Network Architectures and Services