[SSL Observatory] CAB Forum openness

Daniel Veditz dveditz at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 2 22:54:10 PDT 2012

On 8/1/12 7:47 PM, ianG wrote:
> http://www.mozilla.org/about/policies/participation.html
>
> As it stands, according to that document, CABForum and Mozilla
> cannot mix.  My reading at least.

I imagine this is just snark since your quote of that document
starts immediately after two sentences that set important context.
However, if CABForum is an organization that excludes people based
on "age, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender-identity, language,
race, sexual orientation, geographical location and religious views"
(which I am of course sorry to hear) it is not necessarily
incompatible with Mozilla as long as the Mozillians who identify
with CABForum neither carry that discrimination into Mozilla
activities nor express support for CABForum's discriminatory
policies in a Mozilla setting.

Since I've never heard any of Mozilla's CABForum representatives
express support for CABForum's exclusion of the public--quite the
contrary!--I think we're in good standing with respect to the new
anti-discrimination policy.

-Dan Veditz