[SSL Observatory] so called "lawful intercept" survey

Ralph Holz holz at net.in.tum.de
Mon Sep 26 06:20:26 PDT 2011

Hi,

> Which is one of the many reasons why practical security schemes do not
> look like the ideal models produced by academics.
>
> Tehran Bob (the PR flack for the Iranian hackers) has been attempting to
> do just that with his claims of having 'owned' other CAs. Surprise,
> surprise, it turns out that these claims were less than 100% accurate.
> Well duh, if the guy had really compromised another CA he would have
> kept his mouth shut about it.

Tehran Bob? Never heard that. I thought it's "ComodoGate" or
"DigiNotarGate". ;)

Anyway, people also thought after the Comodo debacle that this guy was
just a pretender. Was it Moxie who also gave that impression at Black
Hat 2011? Whatever he is, he has surprised people. I would not rule out
more things to come.

Ralph

--
Dipl.-Inform. Ralph Holz