[SSL Observatory] TLS 1.1/1.2 support

Larry Seltzer larry at larryseltzer.com
Tue Sep 20 12:32:03 PDT 2011

The absence of TLS 1.1 and 1.2 on the Internet is suddenly in the news.

This Friday in Buenos Aires: http://ekoparty.org/2011/juliano-rizzo.php

"We present a new fast block-wise chosen-plaintext attack against SSL/TLS.
We also describe one application of the attack that allows an adversary to
efficiently decrypt and obtain authentication tokens and cookies from HTTPS
requests. Our exploit abuses a vulnerability present in the SSL/TLS
implementation of major Web browsers at the time of writing."

I'm not sure why, but other reports on this state that the problem is not
present in TLS 1.1 or 1.2.

LJS