[SSL Observatory] Mozilla survey complete?

Johnathan Nightingale johnath at mozilla.com
Mon Sep 19 13:39:02 PDT 2011

On 2011-09-19, at 11:23 AM, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

> On 09/19/2011 04:53 PM, Johnathan Nightingale wrote:

>>> All but one CA emailed has responded; we are chasing that CA to see
>>> if the message got caught in their spam filters.
>>>
>>> We have no plans to publish the data gathered.
>>

>> (To clarify, lest we spin a whole thread ranting about disclosure and
>> transparency, Gerv means precisely what he says: we have no plans. We
>> may well talk about the response we've seen from the CAs, perhaps in
>> generalities, perhaps in particulars where appropriate. We have not
>> made plans on the subject as of yet.)
>
> What is the appropriate forum for the greater community to participate
> in these discussions?

Yeah - that's a fair question. mozilla.dev.security.policy is the obvious place, though it tends to be rather more decentralized, with people blogging, commenting, discussing in IRC, tweeting, &c. Maybe I should say that mozilla.dev.security.policy is the canonical place.

---
Johnathan Nightingale
Director of Firefox Engineering
johnath at mozilla.com