[SSL Observatory] Diginotar broken arrow as a tour-de-force of PKI fail

Robert Malmgren rom at romab.com
Tue Sep 6 17:15:52 PDT 2011

On 9/7/11 1:36 AM, Larry Seltzer wrote:
> I've never heard of pinning before. There is a proposed IETF spec for
> a DNS record to specify an authorized
> CA: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-donotissue-03
>
> Some big names on it, but I'm not sure it's actually gone anywhere.

Check out the DANE specification

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-protocol/?include_text=1

That, maybe together with HASTLS, is another mechanism to allow the
certificate holder to tell the world what they should know about the
original provider/signer of the certificate.

> LJS

--r

--
---
Robert Malmgren                 Encrypted e-mail preferred