[SSL Observatory] certificates for .local names [was: Re: DFN and subordinate CA domain-scoped whitelists]

Ben Wilson ben at digicert.com
Mon Nov 14 12:14:40 PST 2011

I found the following comments of Taher Elgamal interesting, "time for some
Internet entity to start to collect reputation data on CAs"   and  "it would
have been so much easier for the browser to sign CA root keys instead of
just hard-coding."

http://www.darkreading.com/authentication/167901072/security/news/231901107/
on-trusting-certificate-authorities.html