[SSL Observatory] Perspectives on Convergence of EFF, EPIC, SSL, TOR, NSA, ET CETERA

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Tue Nov 8 00:07:42 PST 2011

On Monday 07 Nov 2011 22:36:00 Ralph Holz wrote:
<snip>
> > The Microsoft trusted root certificate program does a clearer job of
> > indicating which root CAs are controlled by which organizations.
> >
> > https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2592.aspx
>
> That's useful. I think Kathleen Wilson of Mozilla operates a similar
> list,

It's here...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=ttwCVzDVuWzZYaDosdU6e3w&single=true&gid=0&output=html

> although when I checked it a while ago I didn't find it too accessible.

Kathleen added an "Owner" column a few weeks ago.  (See
https://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.security.policy/browse_thread/thread/74ec96529d68056b)

I count 57 distinct owners at the moment...

AffirmTrust
AOL
AS Sertifitseerimiskeskuse (SK)
A-Trust
Autoridad de Certificacion Firmaprofesional
Buypass
CA Disig a.s
Camerfirma
Certicámara S.A
Certigna
Certinomis
certSIGN
China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC)
Chunghwa Telecom Corporation
Comodo
ComSign
DanID
Deutscher Sparkassen Verlag GmbH (S-TRUST)
Deutsche Telekom
DigiCert
EDICOM
e-Guven Elektronik Bilgi Guvenligi A.S.
Entrust
e-tugra
GlobalSign
GoDaddy
Government of France
Government of Hong Kong (SAR), Hongkong Post
Government of Japan, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
Government of Spain, Autoritat de Certificació de la Comunitat Valenciana
(ACCV)
Government of Spain (CAV), Izenpe S.A.
Government of Taiwan, Government Root Certification Authority (GRCA)
Government of The Netherlands, PKIoverheid
Government of Turkey, Kamu Sertifikasyon Merkezi (Kamu SM)
IdenTrust
Japan Certification Services, Inc. (JCSI)
KEYNECTIS
Microsec e-Szignó CA
NetLock Ltd.
Network Solutions